Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God is good

I just want to take a few minutes and thank the Lord for His goodness. It amazes me that He knows my failures, mistakes, and everything about me yet He loves me anyways! I'm not everything I should be, but I'm not what I used to be. I used to be hopeless, helpless, and a walking dead man. Christ reached down to a 15 year old who saw life as pointless, who was ready to give up because the empty void was too hard to bear and he saved me and gave me a reason to live. And Christ is that reason. He filled that emptiness with purpose. And since that day I've never been the same. I've never had to search for meaning or purpose because Christ is all I need and he's never let me down. He's my life, my breath, and my song in the night! I'm thankful that in these uncertain times that we live in I don't have to fret because my Father is in control. He taught me early on in my Christian walk that I could trust him. And I'm glad my life is in his hands.

I didn't grow up in a Christian home and I'm so thankful that my kids have the opportunity to grow up in a godly home and go to a Bible preaching church. It's a precious thing talking to my kids about God and singing songs about Jesus. I just pray that they won't take it for granted but truly have a heart for the things of God. And give their hearts and lives to Christ at a young age. We are blessed with this opportunity to tenderly guide them in the things of God and may we not fail. But take every opportunity to teach them about God.

2 comments:

  1. God did the same for a rebellious 18 year old. I thank God for how He saved me and now allows me to serve in the ministry! I didn't grow up in a Christian home either, but by the grace of God our little boy Nathan, will.
    Joshua 24:15

    I'm truly just a sinner saved by grace!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! God truly is good! It amazes me how he can take a rebellious lost teen, save them, change their lives around and use them for His glory and honor. And give ten a family where they can raise to Gods glory.

      Delete