Friday, March 9, 2012

Reflections from my day

As I sit here holding my sweet sleeping baby, my mind goes back over the events of the day. Nothing out of the ordinary happened today. Woke up to my two smiling babies. Which is such a sweet blessing! I am so thankful that my husband works and provides for us so I can stay home. I worked in day care for years and I'm grateful that I don't have to leave my kids with other people and miss so much. I have the opportunity to embrace every moment, even the crazy ones. I stay home, but that doesn't mean I sit on the couch and watch tv all day. It's quite the opposite. It seems like I work all day cleaning just to look around hours later and say, "You can't tell it but I did clean all day." Sometimes it's obvious all the work I put into the house. But I have a 19 month old who loves getting into everything and a 4 month old who doesn't like when I leave the room. Sometimes you can't look around and see what I did because you can't see the heart. And I'm trying to live each day leaving an impression on my kids hearts that'll last a life time. As I sit in the rocking chair, there's toys on the floor and maybe even dishes in the sink, ( which I'm not proud of). I want a clean house as much as anyone but I don't want my kids to remember me as the mom who spent more time cleaning than with them. Sometimes my priorities are out of order. I feel like I've failed time and time again, not just my kids but my husband. I have this picture of the perfect wife and mom and I come nowhere close to that lady. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed at the huge responsibility that I have as a wife and mom. I just don't want to waste the precious time I have with my family, because I can never get today back. I don't want to look back years from now and regret so much. I need to be more balanced and just enjoy my time more. There will always be cleaning to do but I won't ever get this moment back. That's why sometimes I have to forget the dishes so I can read a story or whatever. At the close of this day I just want to thank my God for giving me the life I've always dreamed of and never giving up on me even though I fail so much. Life is precious and I'm thankful that He is my life and He's put precious people in my life to share each day with.

No comments:

Post a Comment